- Bump Embree version to 3.3
- Migrate the ray-tracing backend of the
Star-2D and the
Star-3D libraries from Embree2 to
- Add the Star-2D library. This
library manages two dimensional scenes composed of line segments that can be
then sampled and ray-traced. It is actually the counterpart of the Star-3D
library for the 2D geometries
- Add the Star-VoXel library that
manages a set of volume elements (i.e. voxels) structured as a set of axis
aligned cuboids. Star-VoXel also provides efficient ways to index voxels or
access them through ray-tracing.
- Add support of phase functions to the
to describe the angular distribution of light reflected from a body when
illuminated from a specific direction.
- Add to Star-SamPling the uniform
sphere cap random variate.
- Fix several issues in several libraries: refer to the release notes of the
projects for more informations.
- Update the Embree library to 2.17.
- Update several Star-Engine projects. Most notably,
Star-SamPling are updated to the
version 0.5, 0.4 and 0.7, respectively. Refer to their release note for more
- Update the default URL of the pre-compiled dependencies to
- Update the
star-engine.profile script: setup the
LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.
- Update boost dependency on Windows to 1.64.
- Update rsys dependency to 0.5.
- Update Star-Engine projects to their latest available versions (s3dut 0.2, ssf
0.4, ssp 0.5); this introduces API discontinuities!
- Update of almost all Star-Engine projects; among others, bump version of the
Star-SamPling projects to 0.4.1
and 0.4, respectively. Both are incompatible with their previous version.
- Add the Star-ScatteringFunctions
library: it provides abstraction to manage how light is scattered at an
- Add the Star-3DUT library: it
generates triangular meshes for several common shapes (cuboid, cylinder,
- Remove the optional Schiff and
Star-GebhartFactor projects from
the Star-Engine main script; they have their own Star-Engine script on the
gebhart branches, respectively.