Stardis Release Notes git repository
Until now, physical properties as well as boundary and connection conditions were constant in time and space. In this version, they can be programmed, i.e. they are variables returned by functions implemented in user-defined libraries and submitted as dynamically loaded input libraries when Stardis starts. User libraries must also provide create/release functions that are invoked at start-up to allow users to load their data and build the internal data structures required by their libraries at run-time.
stardis-input file format has been updated to provide a set of new
_PROG suffixed keywords used to define these programmed properties and
- Addition of the keyword
HF_BOUNDARY_FOR_SOLIDwhich allows to impose a flux on a boundary with another condition. For example, a net flux can be defined in addition to a convective exchange and a radiative transfer.
- Correct the definition of a net flux as a boundary condition: it might not be defined on the right side of the interface.
- Correct the "subpath type" data of the output paths: as we attach the segment type to the vertices, we need to locate the type changes along the path on zero length segments, otherwise the colouring will show a misleading colour gradient.
- Replace the Mersenne Twister random number generator with Threefry: the former is much less efficient at rejecting random numbers than the latter, which is designed for this purpose, a feature on which parallel random number generations depend heavily
- Add a new option to support non-linear radiative transfer computations.
- Changes in input file's format to support non-linear radiative transfer by adding reference temperatures on interfaces.
- Add optional support for MPI (must be enabled at compile time, default is OFF).
- Change random number generator type to use Threefry.
- Change the format of binary Green files. A new public header file is now installed that describes all types involved in binary Green files.
- Fix a crash on an exit-on-error execution path.
- Fix parsing of command-line options.
Fix the binary file format of the green function: the fileformat has been updated without incrementing the version of the serialised data.
Fix debug build.
- Remove the boundary condition
T_BOUNDARY_FOR_FLUID: it was exactly the same than
H_BOUNDARY_FOR_FLUIDthat should now be used instead.
- Sets the required version of Star-SampPling to 0.12. This version fixes compilation errors with gcc 11 but introduces API breaks.
- Add thermal contact resistances.
- Add serialization for random generator's state.
- Bugfixes in arguments parsing.
- Fix Green output file padding.
- Fix a memleak
- Add a file format version in binary Green files.
- Man improvement.
- Ensure C89 compliance.
- New output format for infra-red rendering.
- Use new stardis-solver 0.11.
- Replace fixed dates by time-ranges as time arguments for computations.
- Allow unsteady Green's function computations.
- Model files now include scale parameter.
- Improve C99 compliance.
- Build on Windows systems.
- Use new stardis-solver 0.5.
- Transition to cmake to manage builds.
- Add the
solve_probeselection is automated according the probe-geometry distance.
solve_probe_boundaryis called for probe points closer than 2.1 delta from geometry.
- Add flux boundary conditions.
Add radiative transfer computations. To achieve this, media gain 2 new parameters:
- Upgrade stardis-solver to v0.3.
- Add volumic power sources on solids;
- Allow to use the
fp_to_meterparameter of the stardis-solver solve function;
- Add a dump geometry feature. It outputs the geometry as it is sent to stardis-solver in VTK format, together with the front and back media and boundary conditions information.
- Allow probe computations on conductive-only thermal systems.
- Allow Dirichlet and h.dT boundary conditions.